Coming soon at our new location
27 Water Street North
One-on-one or small group pool therapy with Tri City Physiotherapy is so much more than attending a group aquafit class at your local community centre. When you are rehabilitating from an injury, managing a chronic condition or addressing a specific complaint the best place to start is with one-on-one sessions with the option to join group session when comfortable.
A physiotherapist specially trained and certified in Aqua Therapy from Tri City Physiotherapy will help you get started by developing a custom program that meets your specific needs and goals.
Benefits of pool therapy
Pool therapy offers many advantages over land based therapy:
- It’s fun – everyone loves a pool!
- It’s warm – Our pool is warm with water temperatures of 85 degrees
- It’s gentle – water provides an environment that reduces weight bearing loads on your joints and provides gentle and consistent resistance to every movement virtually removing any limitation you may have on land.
Is pool therapy right for you?
Pool therapy is great for everyone and especially great for:
- Chronic Pain – If you have chronic pain or fibromyalgia pool therapy will provide you with the gentle resistance exercise that you need. With only slow movements against the resistance of warm and soothing water this type of exercise won’t aggravate your pain.
- Limited Balance or Mobility – If you can’t exercise because you are nervous of losing your balance or falling pool therapy is a great option. The pool environment provides a safe environment to challenge (and improve) your balance or mobility limitations without the fear of falling.
- Significant deconditioning – If it’s been years since you’ve exercise in an manner at all a pool therapy program is a great way to ease back into physical activity without experiencing the pain you remember from starting an exercise program at the gym.
Why Tri City Physiotherapy for your Pool Therapy?
Our pool was custom built to our exact specifications by BMF construction, one of the leaders in custom pool construction. Our pool offers access to every everyone regardless of physical limitation. We have stair and chair lift access to our pool allowing everyone to benefit from Pool therapy.
Our therapists and assistants are all aqua therapy certified to provide the best possible pool therapy sessions.
What do I wear to Pool Sessions? Is there anything else I need to bring?
The only thing you need to bring is a bathing suit and a towel. Some other items that clients may find beneficial are water shoes or sandals to wear onto the pool deck and/or in the water.
Tri City Physiotherapy has fully accessible change and shower facilities on site with lockers to safely store your belongings.
Do you have to be a strong swimmer to do Pool Physio?
Absolutely not. Even if you are a “non-swimmer”, you can get all of the benefits of Pool Physiotherapy. The physiotherapist or assistant is in the water with you throughout the session and will provide hands on support and flotation devices if needed.
Want to know if pool therapy is right for you?
Call us to day and ask our friendly staff for a tour or to book your appointment.
Tri City Physiotherapy services are covered by most extended health insurance companies and in some cases Veterans Affairs and Medicare – such as OHIP (Ontario). Not sure if you’re covered? No problem. We can help you find out (and usually within the hour). Just call us 1 (519)-620-2229.
At Tri City Physiotherapy we believe your health should come first. We take care of the paperwork so you can focus on getting better, plus we offer direct insurance billing, saving you time and up front costs.
Learn more about coverage options available at Tri City Physiotherapy
Schedule an appointment today to get the treatment you need, and the care you deserve.